Topic: Fellowship with The Spirit
Text-verse: 1 John3-6
Memory verse: 1 Cor.1:9
Loving God requires a constant walk with him in knowing him more. This is done by fellowship (koinonia). Fellowship according to the Merriam Webster dictionary refers to a “friendly relationship amongst people or an interaction amongst a group who have similar interests”. Fellowship with the Spirit is required of every believer. The Bible expressly explains in Romans 8 the work of the Holy Spirit. It is beautiful and exciting to know that the Spirit of God wants to have a communion with us and help us attain the full measure of the stature of Christ. 2nd Cor 3:18, Eph 4:13
Why with the Spirit?
- He testifies of our relationship with the Father. Romans 8:16, 1 John 3:24
- He teaches. John 14:26
- He helps us to live a life pleasing to God. Gal 5:16
- He testifies that Jesus is alive. Acts 5:30-32
- He keeps us established in him
Fellowship with the Spirit requires:
- A lowly heart. Psalm 138:6
- A walk by Faith. Gal 3:19
- Holiness Psalm 15:1-5,2 Cor.6:14-18
Ways of fellowshipping:
- In prayer and supplications Mark 1:35
- In the word of God psalm 119 : 10-15,
- In worship John 9:38
- Loving one another Phi.2:1
What hinders fellowship?
- Quenching the Holy Spirit. 1st Thess 5:19
- Laziness Romans 12:11
- Dependence on oneself Proverb 3:5
What do we gain from fellowship?
- Fellowship releases strength for us to walk in righteousness 2nd Cor.12:9
- Fellowship reveals our true nature in Christ Phi.3:10-15
- Fellowship reveals the mind of God. 1st Cor. 2:10
- Fellowship grants maturity.
Are you enjoying fellowship with the Holy Spirit? Take time to search within and pen down your answer. Whatever the result is, there is GRACE for more. Release yourself to the Holy Spirit and you’d be surprised how far and deep you can go in communion.