TOPIC: THE LOVE OF CHRIST TOWARD THE CHURCH
SCRICTURAL PASSAGE: EPHESIANS 5:21-33
This is a great mystery when we talk about Christ and church, his love toward us is beyond understanding, if we remember the story of the 10 virgins that waiting for the coming of the bridegroom and called has called us be a wise virgins, Christ is the head of the church, the bridegroom while we his people ,the church is the bride. We are his bride ,the scripture has made it clear to us that we are all one in Christ. Galatians 3:28.
The head of every man is Christ; the head of woman is man; the head of Christ is God, that is hierarchy in the kingdom.1Corinthian 11:3 ,7,9 ;1Timothy 2:5. Man has been given the authority over his woman as Christ has been given authority over man, a woman cannot exercise over herself or her husband.
In a family where the husband and wife are present God expect perfect union or relationship between them, he did not expect a man to be doing his one activities and the woman is also engaging another activities, if wife is not doing things together with man his head is uncovered. Praying as wife means have been hidden in your husband as the church is hidden in Christ.
THE DUTIES OF CHRIST RELATING WITH THE HUSBAND
1) The husband stands as the sustainer while Christ JESUS as the savior of the body. Ephesians 5:3 ,Colossians 1:19 and 2:19 , Ephesians 4:15-16.We are nourished from the head which is Christ.
2) Christ is the protector and also a burden bearer for the church, he intercede for us everyday in the throne of God. He defends and care for us, the church is an apple in the eye of GOD.
- CONSUMMATION is the prove of a marriage, the prove of a relationship is that is a fellowship between a man and woman, and the prove that the church are in union with Christ is that the church will be in perfect relationship with Christ.
- There will be a time where Christ will gather his people, we must be prepare for the second coming of Christ and we cannot be prepared without having relationship with Christ because his the one that can keep us until that day, without close relationship strength will be built in us to overcome the wiles of the devil in the days of adversity, just like the parable of the 5 wise virgin and the 5 unwise virgins.
- Christ gave us a consummation by giving his body unto us and he instructs us that we should do this in remembrance of him. Jesus Christ coming down to save us from the live of sin by his death on the cross and his resurrection for us is the highest peak of love Christ has shown, and this love must be reciprocate by accepting him into our life and having a relationship with him.
DUTIES OF THE CHURCH AS WIVES
SUBMISSION: We must submit ourselves under the authority of our lord Jesus Christ, so that what Jesus have his church will not not elude the church, so that at the end he will be able to present the church blameless God. Ephesians 5:22 , 1Peter 2:13 ,Philippians 2:13, John 15:30