Theme: Revealing God’s Glory
Topic: Bringing men Unto Glory (Heb. 2:10 ; For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.)
Sub-topic: New creation
Text verse: John 3: 1-7
Memory verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17
“Blessed be the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ.” Eph.1:3.
The Father was intentional about his divine mandate for all men to be partakers of this divine purpose and inheritance of becoming sons of God. Unless a son understands his position, he cannot share in this benefit of becoming joint heirs with Christ Col. 1:12, 2pet 1:4. The very purpose of God is achieved when men attain a right state with God. This means a state where a man is realigned through the work of Christ, bringing about a new creation which enables him to walk in fullness of this very nature.
Why the need for this New Creation?
• Man was spiritually dead, so he cannot hear, obey, understand or please God in everything he does. Gen. 6:3 Rom. 5:12, 18-19, 7:14 -20; 8:6-8, 1 cor. 2:14,Ezekiel 18:4
• He must be reborn if he is to be spiritually alive. Rom.8:10, Gal.4:6
• Without the new nature, the natural man cannot live a godly life. 1John 3:10, Eph. 2:2-3.
• The natural man is corrupt in his affections and perverse in his will Gal. 5 :19-21 Mk.7 :21 -23, 2Tim.3:1-7.
• The new creation has the ability to affects our life. This includes our habits, decisions, desires, dressing… 2Cor 5:17
• It brings us into experiencing His Glory and to keep growing in Him by His spirit. 2Cor.3:18
• It makes us a better person in our society. (Act 11:26)
What is a New Creation?
• It is the process of substituting the Adamic nature (Rom. 5:14), which is the sinful nature in every man, with the nature of God. The nature of God is Holiness; holiness as a result of the finished work of Christ on the cross (Rom.5:17).
• The new creation takes place first in our spirit by the Spirit of God (Rom.8:15, John 3:5, 2Cor.5:17) inspiring us unto repentance through confessing of our sins, believing in our hearts and accepting Christ as Lord and Savior. (Rom. 10:9-10.)
How do you attain this new creation?
i. Repent Rom.3:23,Rom.5:17
ii. Believe in your heart the perfect work of Christ (the gospel) Eph.2:8,
iii. Confess with you mouth (Rom. 10 :9-10)
Evidence of New Creation:
- Such a life is no longer under the bondage of sin 1 John 3:9, Rom.6:1-3
- Good works Eph.2:10
- A life of total Obedience Eph.4:20-29
- Evidence of the fruit of the spirit (Gal.5:22-25), as opposed to the deeds of the flesh (Gal.5:19-21)
A new creation is a result of the birth of the spirit within us, as that which is born of the spirit is spirit, conversely that which is born of the flesh belong to the flesh John 3:6. It requires death of the flesh and being alive in the spirit to receive and walk in his divine purpose, as a revealer of his glory inherent Christ Jesus, and made manifest in the new creation through the holy spirit (Rom.8:14.)