TEXT: James 2:14-26; Romans 10:9; Act 14:7-10
MEMORY VERSE: Heb.11:6 (But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him).
HYMN APP 81: (My faith look up to thee, Thou Lamb of Calvary, Saviour divine)
- Without faith it is impossible to please God.
- God is not pleased with anything outside faith.
- What is Faith? Faith is the assurance and expectation of what you are expecting God to do.
- Operation of Faith: what we see, we believe.
- There is a means in which we can obtain faith which is by hearing the word of God.
- If you are not filled with the word, you cannot believe.
- The only means which Jesus has laid down for us to believe is by hearing His word.
- What you see, you believe and what you believe automatically becomes what you want. Mat. 8:17, Isaiah 53:1-5
- What you believe in, you will become. Mark 9:23; Mark 10:27.
- The greatest hindrance to faith is the lack of knowledge of God’s word and you lack the knowledge when you forsake the gathering of brethren.
- The only way to grow in faith is by hearing the word of God.
- You have to be disciplined for you to obey God’s word.
- Be disciplined in your thoughts.
- Until you change the way you think, you cannot change the way you live.
- Faith comes when you hear God speaks.
Kinds of Faith;
- Dead Faith: It is faith based on intellects James 2:14-17
- Human-based faith (sensual faith) James 2:18-19
- Living faith (Active faith) James 2:20-26
- Anything done outside faith does not please God which can become sin.